Monday, June 17, 2013

Wisdom of My 20's

I've learned a lot within these two decades of my life. A lot about friendship, sincerity, relationships, and myself. I have always been such an open, loving, and caring person that sometimes I forget to care about myself as much as others. Here are some words of "advice" I wrote for myself to always follow and remember:

"Be not with the 'best' man, but the man who makes you your best self"

"The best relationships are the ones that uplift your spirit and make you soar"

"You can love someone for who they are. But it is not declared true love until that someone makes you love yourself even more than you thought possible"

"It's the downtime, the time when life seems quiet, that you appreciate the exhilarating 'up time' that makes you feel so alive"

Now I am by no means Ernest Hemingway, but I do think that these quotes are all relevant and imperative to my life at this time. I never realized how much I gave in relationships and did not receive in return. I am content being single for now, and for a while. But when I'm ready to jump on that horse again, I must remember these wisdoms. I must remember that if this man is right for me, then he will aid me to be the best I can be.

I have living proof that people can truly aid you to be your best self... my best friends. These people are truly freaking amazing! They never fail to inspire, liven, soften, and motivate my outlook on life.

They say you are most like the five people you spend the greatest amount of time with. If I am going to add another person into that mix, he better be able to lift my spirits even higher than they are now. And I must admit, that is quite a daunting task, because my spirits are pretty high right now and I really don't know how much happier it gets.

<3 A

No comments:

Post a Comment